- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Servings: 4
- 1 1/2 kg chicken pieces
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red chillies, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 1 (400 ml) cans coconut cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic, chilli, ginger lemongrass and curry paste.
- Add chicken and braise on all sides, coating well with curry paste.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes over a low heat.
- Pour in coconut cream and stock/water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for another 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice or other vegetables.
- I like to add green beans, and red and green peppers in the last 15 minutes of cooking if I don’t feel like making a separate vegetable dish.
I use water rather than chicken stock, the stock you can buy at supermarkets either the ‘fresh’ stuff or cubes/pots whatever, all have the equivalent of 6 teaspoons of sugar in gram for gram – not good… so, I just use water.
Macronutrients per portion 275g
- Kcals 350
- Fat 7
- CHO 11
- PRO 62
I add either asparagus or sprouting brocolli as the vegetables, but traditionally wholegrain rice would be the perfect accompniment