This page will contain tried and tested recipes that fit with my plan (ketogenic with very low carbohydrate (VLC)), I will also post a more standardise version of the recipe if applicable. However, I cannot guarantee to have tested the latter, it depends on willing guinea pigs…and my desire to cook 2 separate dishes 🙂 Many of the recipes are sourced off the internet, cookbooks, friends and also some that I have modified from these sources or just created too.
The first recipe is part of my staple diet –
- 1 medium free range egg
- 1 tspn English mustard powder
- 1/2 tspn of sea or rock salt
- 1 tspn of white vinegar
- 300 ml of light olive oil (stronger darker oils alter the taste of the mayo)
- Put all ingriedients into a container with a lid in the order in which they appear in the list
- Using a stick blender, immerse in the ingredients and draw up slowly through the ingredients until the desired consistency is achieved, this should take around 20 seconds.
This recipe comes from Gordon Ramsay’s Bamix cook book, there is a typo in the book, it calls for the egg to be at room temprature, however, on the occassions I have attempted to make the mayo with a room temprature egg, it doesn’t achieve the correct texture and remains the consistency of olive oil; therefore the egg needs to be cold. The mayonnaise keeps in the fridge for about a week, well, it may last longer, but as I use between 20 and 40 grams in my lunch everday, it doesn’t stay around for longer than that!