Well, just a real quickie tonight…. still really tired after the stupid amount of driving I’ve done over the last few weeks. Thankfully, that’s over for a while…
So, how are you doing on your New Year’s Resolutions?
- Un-subscribe from the all the rubbish internet sites that send you loads of rubbish hints and tips on weight loss – selling you ‘The Next Best Thing’ aka ‘snake oil’ and all that – DONE
- Go on holiday somewhere warm with a beach and NO WORK or STUDY – BOOKED – yup, I’m off to Turkey in April/May, I can feel the warm sun on my back already….. My friend said that ‘even a pasty bird like you can get some colour there’ – aint he nice eh?!
- Stop making ridiculous resolutions that I never keep – well, I can consider that done too! I have not made any more resolutions and I have actually achieved the other two!!!
I didn’t make any resolutions about sticking to diets and all that malarkey because that’s just asking for me to fail. I’m not on a diet, I’m just eating the way I need to eat to be fit and healthy for the rest of my life.
So, the plan; it’s 14 weeks until I go on my jollies with my friend, and I would love to lose 42 lbs, that’s 3 lbs a week – but alas, that aint gonna happen, a couple of reasons for that too;
- I really struggle to lose even a pound a week, every now and then my body says, alright here you go, have a bit of a loss and then it stops again 😦
- Recall the several blogs I’VE written – losing weight slowly is the right thing to do, so if I’m really, really lucky I may lose about 18 lb before I go, but I will aim for 14 lb in 14 weeks. I haven’t ever lost that amount of weight in one long run – EVER!!!
- and finally, Martin said I mustn’t lose weight quicker than a pound per week!
It will be hard for me to stick to only going to the gym twice a week for 30 mins each time for the next 14 weeks. I just know that I will want to go every day to help with the weight loss, but I also know that if I do that, it will be detrimental to my weight loss. I really wish that someone would disambiguate that for me!!!! 😉